18 April, 2011

April Stitchery

I really did sew this month.  I finished two projects, although I have pictures of only one of them right now.

For Christmas gifts, I made several of these journal covers . They were fun and easy, and I loved working out the color combinations and scraps to use for each one.  I vowed to make myself one, as well, but of course that didn't get done during the Christmas season.  Nor directly after that, either.

But I did finally get around to it.  Here's mine:

I made a few modifications to the original design, and I also took a shortcut.  I didn't have the time to make the patchwork fabric strip, so I simply found an interesting print scrap and used that instead.

As for modifications, I wanted an inside pocket to hold my planner, as well as a little pocket to hold a pen.  I can also tuck my Kobo e-reader in behind the planner:

To add more decorative detail, I tried out some of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine:

I'm very pleased with the finished product and carry it everywhere. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment