03 April, 2011

March Wrap-up

Forget the whole "in-like-a-lion, out-like-a-lamb" business--this year March dashed by like a furtive, racing bunny.  Suddenly I find myself in the dreaded month of April; the end of my maternity leave is looming, and I'm faced with the nasty prospect of missing my little girl all day when I return to work in two weeks.  Not exactly the kind of thing to motivate a lot of ditching OR stitching, but I've been trying to keep at work on both, nonetheless.

I have to confess, after a great start in March, my ditching slowed down for a bit, partly because I had gotten ahead.  However, I do have some things to add to the list: a book, a shelf we were never going to use, some magazines, and countless papers.  In the coming months, we're really going to focus on sorting out our basement; I'm hoping most of what's left down there is to be gotten rid of!

On the creative side of things, I was involved in the poster creation Sherry mentioned, got some more work done on the murals (hoping to finish them and get the room back in order soon!), and made a little dress and kerchief for baby C.  The pattern is New Look 6578, and I was very pleased with how it went together.  It was easy to work with and made up nicely, although I think it would be good if the pattern included differently-sized appliques for the different sizes of dress--these are maybe a little large on size 1! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this dress! Can't wait to see her wearing it!

Post a Comment