03 April, 2011

Create -- March

I actually did a number of creative things in March, although they were all outside the more literal "stitch" interpretation.  I did continue to work on my sock-knitting, but it's a slow process and I'm not finding much time to sit and work on it.

During March Break we did our usual "imaginary vacation" day, when we pretend to visit some exotic locale or country.  This year we went to Hollywood for the day, which of course was very glamorous and included rather posh food, a movie premiere, and a fashion show.

On the creative side, I thought it would be fun to make movie posters for imaginary movies.  I printed out a lot of good movie title words, from which we each picked at random or put together something we liked.  We also had a huge pile of pictures which I cut from magazines, and made poster collages to suit our titles by gluing the titles and images on half-sheets of bristol board.  With markers everyone could add taglines, actors, etc.  It was huge fun!

You can see all the posters by following this link: http://on.fb.me/gfWOio

0 comments:

Post a Comment