20 February, 2011

Mid-February Mural-ing

This month I've been working on cleaning out a lot of the clutter that has taken up residence in the midst of things that are actually useful--specifically, old products that have been hanging around in my bathroom and a bedroom drawer.  In a frenzy of ditching, I got rid of some old moisturizer, a mostly-empty container of Tummy Butter from my pregnancy (excellent stuff, but gone a little dry to be keeping around), and thirteen other assorted toiletry and cosmetic items--and that's just scratching the surface!  If I keep this focus up for another week or two, I'll have a much tidier bathroom and bedroom.  (Sherry and I have chatted and decided that we can "get ahead" on items, as long as we maintain an average of one item per day--which worked well for me this week, as I was away for a few days to visit and to get paint for...

MURALS!

I've been wanting to do some work in the nursery for a while; decorating it kind of got rolled in with decorating the rest of the house, since we were moving in just about a month before the baby was due, so I never really felt like it got finished to a point that satisfied me.  We're planning to move the crib in there soon (I think I can finally stand to let it go out of our room *sigh*), so I would like to have the room looking nice and inviting.  I decided I'd like to paint some jungle animals on the walls to match our crib set and curtains, and so this weekend Sherry, her son and daughter, and our niece came down to work on the project with me.   With the help of an overhead projector borrowed from my husband's school, we managed to get all the animals drawn on the walls pretty quickly and got started on the painting.  We'll need another weekend to finish things up, but so far they look great! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment